Our conversions allow you to maintain dimensional accuracy of your existing virtual plant with all the intelligence it had when originally designed in PDS.
Models will continue to have the following functionality:
- Touch pipe lines, instruments, equipment, SP items and pipe supports and see original tag numbers and the hierarchy structure they belong to.
- Search for ANY tag or part number in your new PDMS database design model, focus on it and relate the design to your P&ID’s easily and accurately for new design work or maintenance operations.
- Nozzle names and references will be created to connect new piping.
- Pipe Classes will be converted from PDS data including all part numbers, dimensions and catalogue references so you don’t need to rebuild them. Start running new fabrication isometrics straight away! See the Demos for converted samples.
- Obstructions will be maintained on transfer so insulation, access ways and maintenance corridors can be turned on and off.
- Aveva PDMS/E3D provides superior export to design review tools like Navisworks – clients will be impressed with the improved navigation quality available to them and their maintenance people
- Models will be broken down by discipline and hierarchical structure providing easy navigation.
- Easily tie-in new work in PDMS by simply tracing the connecting tie-in fitting and model new pipe to create isometrics.
- Our conversions minimize the use of Polyhedrons in PDMS so your graphics won’t get bogged down when moving around in complex models, (piping models contain no polyhedrons when output!) We have written our own interface which builds PDMS primitives and PML script files – we don’t use PDMS Implant for any conversions as this generates most items as polyhedrons.
- Microstation objects not linked to the original Oracle database will still be transferred to PDMS with dimensional accuracy, they just won’t have intelligence so you won’t lose anything graphically.
- All PDMS primitives created maintain their Microstation element ID so it’s easy to trace graphic elements between both systems.
- Because we are working with raw text/Microstation files we can handle PDS archives from the 1990’s and still convert them. You don’t need to provide the latest version of Intergraph SmartPlant PDS data.
- Get started quicker developing front end engineering and design when working with old plants. Designers will work far more efficiently if the existing plant can be converted in PDMS rather than looking between drawings and review models in Navisworks.
- We can generally convert a plant within two weeks depending on size and complexity.